Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Seasons of My Heart by Harley Baker

Uncle Harley Baker - this man had some soul. He was known and loved by many around town. He wasn't an ambitious singer, I think he played for beer and the fun of it mainly, though he did do some work with Faron Young I understand, I don't know to what extent. I got a little misty listening to this. Harley hasn't been with us for quite awhile now. He was a loner that walked the streets of Tulsa making the rounds at different bars. He always dressed nice and had a good sense of humor. He died circa 1981 in the "care" of the Tulsa County jail from a head injury he received before he was arrested for public drunkenness. Since were in the middle of changing seasons I thought this would be a good one to share and give honor to the memory my Uncle Harley. 
Click here to hear: Season Of My Heart by Uncle Harley

No comments:

Post a Comment